Week1

 Before taking this course, I expected Software Engineering to mainly focus on programming and learning how to build software applications. I thought the course would mostly cover writing code, using frameworks, and developing features for programs or websites. I also expected to learn some tools used by developers, but I assumed the main emphasis would be on coding.

After completing Week 1, my opinion has changed. I realized that Software Engineering is not only about writing code, but also about the entire process of designing, building, testing, and maintaining software systems. The readings and labs showed that software engineering involves planning, defining requirements, creating APIs, and making sure the system works correctly through testing. I also learned that good software engineering practices help teams work together effectively and produce reliable software.

Overall, Week 1 helped me understand that software engineering is more about structured processes, collaboration, and quality assurance than just programming. It focuses on how to build software in a systematic and professional way rather than simply writing code.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 3

Week 8

Week 4